The world famous Arizona attraction is open to once again welcome travelers from near and far to explore and learn about the world's best preserved meteor impact site. The State of Arizona has lifted COVID-19 restrictions, and we are now able to welcome space enthusiasts and fans of science to once again experience the magic of an authentic meteorite impact crater one mile wide and over 500 feet deep. Your admission means you can enjoy an educational tour of the Crater, experience Collision! Our 4D theater, shop for amazing space and regional merchandise in our gift shop and enjoy delicious food and drink from the Blasted Bistro.
Make your RV reservations online here.
Hours of Operation:
Meteor Crater: 7:00AM - 7:00PM
RV Park & Store: 7:30AM - 7:30PM
Limitations / Restrictions:
- All exhibits and features will be open!
- All visitors are strongly urged to wear protective masks
- Safe social distancing practices will be in place including 6ft separation
- Surfaces sanitized every 30 minutes
- Protective plexiglass barriers at all registers
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the attraction
- All employees will wear protective masks
- One way traffic only allowed through the Discovery Center Museum
- The Blasted Bistro will offer outdoor dining only
The world's best preserved meteorite impact site on Earth. Located just minutes from Interstate 40 and the old Route 66 in Northern Arizona near Winslow. Meteor Crater is the spectacular result of a collision that rocked the American Southwest approximately 50,000 years ago with the energy of more than 20 million tons of TNT. Situated under the wide skies of the Arizona High Desert, Meteor Crater offers an interactive educational experience for the entire family in a beautiful,
natural setting. The Meteor Crater Visitor Center is located on the rim of the Crater. The fully air-conditioned building features an 80 seat Widescreen theater, indoor crater viewing area, Crater Trail access, Interactive Discovery Center, Artifacts and Exhibits, Gift & Mineral Shop, Collision! 4D Experience Room, and the Blasted Bistro. Elevators and ADA accessibility are available for guests with special needs.
Pet Policy - Pets are not allowed inside Meteor Crater, however our shaded, enclosed Dog Ramada has kennels available, please inquire at the admission window when you arrive